Tuesday, March 28, 2017

BTD German Gebirgsjager in 28mm

A second section of German Mountain troops marches off the painting desk.  These nicely sculpted 28mm figures are from Black Tree Design and follow closely on the heels of the first section painted back in late February (see BTD Gebirgsjager).
Now, I am two-thirds of the way through fielding a platoon of mountain troops for Chain of Command (CoC).  Once the platoon is finished, time to consider preparing for a CoC game with these figures thrown into the mix.  In which theater of operations will these lads see service first?  The last playing of CoC was quite distant and I have likely forgotten every rule.
Painting desk is still in a state of chaos as more than a half-dozen units are readying themselves for exit.  That is "chaos" in the best sense of the word since recent painting activity has figures figuratively flying across the painting desk from bare lead to painted.

Getting a WWII skirmish game back on the table would be enjoyable but my gaming table is presently fully occupied with Montebello 1859 awaiting a fourth trial.  On Saturday, an ACW game in 28mm is on the gaming schedule as Scott rolls out his beautiful ACW collection and we give Pickett's Charge a test in Kevin's lair.

20 comments:

  1. These look great Jonathan!

    I have some Gebrigsjäger from Brigade Games - which I also picked up for CoC (except in my case CoC = Call of Cthulhu! I thought I might add some evil nazis to pulpify an second expedition to the Mountains of Madness!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim!

      I have not looked at Brigade Games' Mountain troops but I will. Pulpifying a WWII project sounds fun!

      Delete
  2. Fanastic looking unit Jonathan! I did not know these miniatures before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Michal! Give BTD a look. Many fine ranges of 28mm figures.

      Delete
  3. Lovely clean paint job on some nice figures,
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are some really lovely painted figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, and game ahead sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter! On the game, I will report back...

      Delete
  6. Another fine addition. Which theater are you thinking? Norway? Italy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, Norway, Italy, Crete all sound good to me!

      Delete
  7. Top notch job on them Jonathan, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely job i lovely job I am now embarrassed to to paint mine 😩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! No reason for embarrassment; forge ahead!

      Delete